Sunday 14 August 2011

Waking Up (1)



For our 2 week project, we revolve around the subject of "Waking Up". We have to choose a particular location from the site where we would like to wake up in and augment the reality by drawing in a bed at that location.

PICKING MY LOCATION

For my location, i chose the old trainstation where Britomart used to be.
Nowadays it is a deserted platform, with 2 concrete shelters overgrown with moss and dirt.

Here are a few pictures i took of the location.






I chose this location mostly because of this shelter-like structure. I liked the idea of protection and having a barrier around myself when i wake up. It gave me a sense of safety and protection as well as the secluded nature of this location meant that there was little noise and no human interference; a perfect place for sleeping. I would wake up to an ambient environment, created by the greenery from the left of the shelter and the actual "shelter" shielding me from the sunlight and/or rain when i wake up in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment